About the Property
- Designed by world renowned architect William Hablinski
- Ante-Bellum style home in the heart of Austin
- High ceilings and natural lighting throughout
- 3 bedrooms/ 3 bathrooms ideal for empty nesters or professional couple
Completed in 2014, this home in the heart of Tarrytown gives a nod to the Ante-Bellum homes of the Deep South. Classic features like Doric columns imported from California and crystal chandeliers make visitors feel as if they’ve stepped back in time to the impressive mansions of Mississippi.
World-renowned architect William Hablinski is known for creating classical architecture with a modern twist. Originally out of Beverly Hills, California, Hablinski has recently started a few projects in Austin and may increase his presence in the area.
The home on Mountain View boasts an inviting front porch that opens to a foyer with a winding staircase and dark wood floors. But don’t let the classic elements fool you; the home is equipped with automated draperies, a security gate and a sound system for a modern lifestyle.
Guests can sip sweat tea and dine in a screened in lanai, or enjoy the great room with expansive ceilings and a traditional Rumford fireplace, a feature commonly seen during the 1800’s. The kitchen features high-end appliances and a pistachio green-finish for an added touch of southern charm.
Don’t be surprised if homeowners find themselves spending most of their time in the master suite. The master bathroom holds a stand-alone-tub ideal for relaxing, and a vanity seated below a window that overlooks post oak, live oak and elm trees. The bedroom has an abundance of natural light and wood floors for a cozy escape from a long day.
Future homeowners can take advantage of the home’s ideal location, with a six-minute drive to Downtown and an eight-block walk to Lake Austin.
The home was featured on the Wall Street Journal’s House of the Day. Click Here to see the full article.
About the Agent
As an Austin resident for nearly 25 years and a parent of three children, Beth Carter is an active member in the Westlake community. Her knowledge of the local Austin area and its resources, paired with her ability to solve problems creatively and her strong work ethic, allow Beth to successfully and efficiently support her clients with their real estate needs. Whether helping a first time home buyer, an ’empty nester’ selling their family home and downsizing, or a family looking for a great home to raise their children, Beth gives her clients her full attention and effort. It is this commitment to service that led to her election as a Texas Monthly Five Star Award agent.
• Member, Austin’s Elite 25 (Top 1% of Realtors)
• Austin Board of REALTORS®
• Texas Association of REALTORS®
• National Association of REALTORS®
• Westlake Chamber of Commerce
• Awarded Top 10 Producer at Moreland Properties, 2014
• Platinum Top 50 of Austin 2014 Finalist
• Texas Monthly 5-Star Award recipient, 2011 to present
• Substitute teacher, Eanes ISD
• Hospital Administration, New York and Virginia